MSS is a central administrative organization that plans policies for small and medium-sized enterprises, venture companies, and startups in Korea and exercises supervision over business affairs regarding the support, protection, and fostering of such businesses. KISED is a public organization under the umbrella of MSS and Korea’s representative organization specialized in supporting technology entrepreneurship and commercialization by providing support for more than 70,000 startups every year through programs for entrepreneurship education, financial support for commercialization, and support for global expansion.
KISED is looking for overseas accelerators based in six locations including Silicon Valley in the U.S., Beijing and Shanghai in China, Hanoi in Vietnam, London in the U.K., and Berlin in Germany. Selected accelerators shall directly evaluate Korean startups to participate in GAPS to be operated by the respective accelerators and run GAPS not only online for four weeks during the period from June to July 2021 but also in each of the above locations for six weeks during the period from August to October 2021.
For those startup accelerators desiring to operate GAPS, please submit an application by February 14, 2021 at 5 p.m. (Korean time).
(Countries: Listed in Korean alphabetical order)
|No.||Country||Region||Number of accelerators to be selected|
|2||U.S.||San Francisco (Silicon Valley)||3|
* The head office (or the local office) having a business registration certificate in the relevant region shall file an application.
② Holding of a workshop to enable startups to set their GAPS participation goal (key performance index (KPI)).
③ GAPS planning and operations (online for four weeks and on the site for six weeks)
④ Reporting of plans for the online and onsite GAPS operations and the results thereof
– Such managers shall have at least three years of experience in providing mentoring, consulting, and education for business expansion in the startup field and working in the venture investment field.
– Such managers shall carry out their work, giving top priority to GAPS during the term of a MOU with KISED, as those in charge of managing support activities for Korean startups (informing them of GAPS-related notifications, identifying such startups’ achievements created by the GAPS progress, and responding to their difficulties) and communicating with the contact person of KISED).
– For instance, a case where an accelerator based in Germany assisted U.S. startups in advancing into the German market.
– (Email address for document submission) firstname.lastname@example.org
– (Email Re) [2021 GAPS] Name of Country Chosen / Location / Accelerator Name
* If the number of the applications regionally received is less than twice the number of accelerators to be selected, a written evaluation shall be omitted.
|Recruitment of overseas accelerators||→||Written and interview evaluations||→||Notification of the evaluation outcome|
|January 18 (Mon.) –
February 14 (Sun.), 2021
|February 17 (Wed.) –
February 19 (Fri.), 2021
|February 23 (Tue.), 2021|
|Filing an application with KISED||The evaluation committee of KISED||KISED → the relevant accelerator|
* The evaluation schedule may be adjusted in the process of carrying out the evaluation procedure.
① (Written evaluation) Applicants about twice the number of accelerators to be selected shall be chosen as interviewees.
② (Interview evaluation) A presentation of GAPS operation plans will be given by each accelerator and a Q&A interview therewith will be conducted for 30 minutes.
* A connection link to access an online business presentation will be sent to such applicants.
|Classification||Presentation date and time||Key details|
|First presentation||January 27 (Wed.), 2021 at 10:00-11:00 a.m.||· Giving guidance on 2021 GAPS, recruitment of overseas accelerators, and how to evaluate applicants.
· Offering guidance on how to complete the application form and a Q&A session.
|Second presentation||January 27 (Wed.), 2021 at 4:00-5:00 p.m.|
* 자세한 내용 및 첨부파일은 지원페이지에서 확인하세요.